The Obama Energy Agenda: Gas Prices
- ISSUES: Energy and the Environment
- FACT CHECK: All-of-the-Above Approach to American Energy
- The Results Are In: Drilling Down On Unused Leases
- President Obama Announces $1 Billion Fund to Promote Energy Efficient Vehicles
- President Obama on Gas Prices and Oil Subsidies
- Two Full Years of Job Growth
Here are the facts: The United States produced more than 2 billion barrels of crude oil in 2011. Domestic oil production has climbed every year since President Obama took office, and our dependence on foreign oil is at its lowest level since the 1990s. But even as we drill more, gas prices continue to rise.