Office of the Press Secretary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 27, 2009
- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid
- United States Representative Dina Titus
- United States Representative Shelley Berkley
- Ross Miller, NV Secretary of State
- Kate Marshall, NV State Treasurer
- Kim Wallin, NV State Controller
- Steven Horsford, NV Senate Majority Leader
- Rory Reid, Clark County Commissioner
- Arlan Melendez, Chairman of the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony
- To date, over $1.5 billion in Recovery Act funding for Nevada has been announced, over $649 million of those funds have been obligated, and over $117 million have been outlayed.
- Nevada seniors will be eligible to receive $95 million in one-time Social Security economic stimulus payments.
- $137 million in Federal Medicaid Assistance Program funding has been allocated to Nevada
- $201 million in Highway Planning and construction funding.
Over $73 million for IDEA grants, and $71 million for Title 1 grants.