to Cut Waste
President Obama and Vice President Biden launch the Campaign to Cut Waste, which will hunt down and eliminate misspent tax dollars in every agency and department across the Federal Government.
President Obama has consistently made clear that he will strive to lead the most open, efficient, and accountable government in history. Over the last four years, new initiatives have increased public participation in government and improved citizens' everyday lives.
President Obama believes that government is more accountable when it is transparent, and that's a principle that he has worked to make a reality in his administration. That's why the President pledged "to create a centralized Internet database of lobbying reports, ethics records, and campaign finance filings in a searchable, sortable, and downloadable format." Ethics.gov, is designed to be a fulfillment of that promise.
It's one place where anyone can come and search through the records of seven different datasets:
- White House Visitor Records
- Office of Government Ethics Travel Reports
- Lobbying Disclosure Act Data
- Department of Justice Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) Data
- Federal Election Commission Individual Contribution Reports
- Federal Election Commission Candidate Reports
- Federal Election Commission Committee Reports