to Cut Waste
President Obama and Vice President Biden launch the Campaign to Cut Waste, which will hunt down and eliminate misspent tax dollars in every agency and department across the Federal Government.
President Obama has consistently made clear that he will strive to lead the most open, efficient, and accountable government in history. Over the last four years, new initiatives have increased public participation in government and improved citizens' everyday lives.
Ethics Pledges and Waivers
The Executive Order on Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Personnel lays out tough rules on how executive branch appointees are to conduct themselves and requires every appointee in every executive agency to sign an ethics pledge. The Executive Order allows for a waiver when the literal application of the Pledge does not make sense or is not in the public interest. In the interest of transparency, granted waivers are posted online.
Ethics Pledge Waivers Released by the White House
- Jocelyn Frye, Director of Policy and Projects in the Office of the First Lady
- Cecilia Muñoz, Director of Intergovernmental Affairs in the Executive Office of the President
- William Lynn, Deputy Secretary of Defense
- Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to the President
- Jonathan Kravis, Associate Counsel, White House Counsel’s Office
- Chris Weideman, Associate Counsel, White House Counsel’s Office
- John Brennan, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism
- National Security Advisor, General James Jones
- Robert Bauer, Counsel to the President
- Shailagh Murray, Assistant to the Vice President for Communications
- Caroline Atkinson, Special Assistant to the President for International Economic Affairs
- Jonathan Greenblatt, Special Assistant to the President and Director of Social Innovation
- William M. Daley, Chief of Staff
- David Simas, Assistant to the President and Deputy Senior Advisor for Communications and Strategy
- Christopher Jennings, Deputy Assistant to the President for Health Policy and Coordinator of Health Reform
- Evan Schrum, Special Assistant to the President and Advisor to the Vice President
- Martin Paone, Deputy Assistant to the President and Senate Liaison