The Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) has responsibility, in partnership with the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), for advising the President on the Federal Research and Development (R&D) budget and shaping R&D priorities across those Federal agencies that have significant portfolios in science and technology. OSTP also has responsibility—with the help of the National Science and Technology Council (NSTC), which is administered out of OSTP—for coordinating interagency research initiatives. It is OSTP’s mission to help develop and implement sound science and technology policies and budgets that reflect Administration priorities and make coordinated progress toward important national policy goals.
2017 R&D Budget
February 9, 2016: OSTP is pleased to release the following information on the science, technology, innovation, and STEM education components of the President's FY 2017 Budget.
Fact Sheets and Other Documents:
- Fact Sheet: President’s 2017 Budget Invests in American Innovation: R&D, Innovation, and STEM Education (pdf)
- Fact Sheet: STEM for All: Ensuring High-Quality STEM Education Opportunities for All Students (pdf)
- Fact Sheet: Investing in American Innovation: The President’s Fiscal Year 2017 Budget (pdf)
- Research and Development: Chapter 19 in Analytical Perspectives volume of the Budget of the U.S. Government FY 2017 (pdf)
- Fact Sheet: Cybersecurity National Action Plan (link)
- Fact Sheet: President Obama Proposes New Funding to Build Resilience of Alaska’s Communities and Combat Climate Change (link)
- Fact Sheet: Preparing for and Responding to the Zika Virus at Home and Abroad (link)
- Fact Sheet: President’s Budget Proposal to Advance Mission Innovation (link)
- Fact Sheet: President Obama’s 21st Century Clean Transportation System (link)
- Fact Sheet: Investing in the National Cancer Moonshot (link)
- Fact Sheet: President Obama Announces Computer Science For All Initiative (link)
July 9, 2015: