Yesterday, we let you know about CEQ's new website, and told you about Energy Secretary Chu’s new Facebook page. Check it out to learn more about how the Administration is working towards a clean energy economy, and to see Secetary Chu's appearance on last night's Daily Show! But those aren’t the only interesting tidbits from around the agencies – check out some other recent stories:
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has been abroad this past week, traveling to India and Thailand. You can read more about her trip, including transcripts from her speeches, here.
- Interior Secretary Ken Salazar called for a two-year hold on mining near the Grand Canyon. He decided to segregate 1 million acres of federal lands in Arizona while the Department evaluates whether new mining claims should be allowed on these lands.
- As part of the Rural Tour, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, Labor Secretary Hilda Solis, and Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki, hosted a rural health community forum in Louisiana.
- Labor Secretary Hilda Solis is holding a $220 million competition to fund programs to prepare workers for careers in the health care industry. Grants awarded through the competition will be funded through the Recovery Act. here
- Just a reminder that Health and Human Services is holding its own competition -- you can enter your flu prevention PSA for a chance to win $2,500 here. The video should inform and motivate people to take steps to prevent the flu.
- Education Secretary Arne Duncan and HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius highlighted the administration’s commitment to early childhood education, and announced their support of an unprecedented investment in early childhood education.
- The Coast Guard announced that the National Security Cutter, named Stratton, would be sponsored by First Lady Michelle Obama.
- DHS has a sparkling new website redesign and YouTube channel.