Welcome to the White House Partnerships Blog
It’s my pleasure to welcome you to the Partnerships blog, the blog of the White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships!
President Obama established the Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships to connect the Federal government to local nonprofit organizations and community leaders – both faith-based and secular – that are serving individuals, families and communities in need. We form partnerships between government and nonprofits on a range of issues, from public health to disaster response and everything in between, in order to better serve all Americans.
This blog will highlight the work of the White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships, along with the activity at Centers for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships that we coordinate at several Federal agencies.
But we don't just want to focus on what government is doing. We also want to highlight the efforts of local nonprofits in communities across the country. So we’ll be spotlighting local organizations and leaders that are meeting community needs, in order to learn from their great work.
In the coming days, you can expect this blog to:
- Provide more information about the day-to-day work of the White House Office and Centers at Federal agencies;
- Highlight the latest work of the President’s Advisory Council on Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships;
- Point nonprofits to federal resources that can help them implement effective programs; and
- Spotlight innovative local organizations that are strengthening our communities
I’m looking forward to using this blog to communicate important information to local organizations and community leaders.
And I’m even more excited about working with you to make an impact on our communities together, as the White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships implements this important element of President Obama’s vision for our country.
Joshua DuBois is the Director of the White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy