A Walk Through the President's Proposal
On Thursday the much-anticipated bipartisan meeting on health reform will be held at the Blair House across the way from the White House. With Congress having spent most of a year discussing and debating reform, the President put forward a proposal to work off of during the meeting to help lay out a path forward. The proposal aims to give the American people and small business owners more control over their health care choices by building on the progress Congress has already made, and including new ideas from both parties and the President himself.
- But enough from this blog post – dive into the President’s proposal through a new section of WhiteHouse.gov.
- Go to the homepage, where you can find out what the President’s proposal means to you in plain English with answers to questions you may well have.
- Don’t see an answer to your question? Tell us what you want to know and we’ll try to answer some of the ones we hear most in the coming days.
- Read specifically about the President’s proposal, including what’s new, and a section-by-section rundown of what’s in the reform as envision by the President.
- Read up on the Republican ideas included the President’s proposal.
- And get more background on the meeting itself – read the invitation, and see what the President has had to say about it.
And of course, join us on Thursday here at WhiteHouse.gov, where the entire bipartisan meeting will be streamed live.