Supporting Our Military Families
This Independence Day, First Lady Michelle Obama has a special message for all Americans about supporting our military families:
The First Lady is asking 100 percent of Americans to support the brave men and women in uniform and their families back home. Here are some things you can do in your community to get started:
- Stay informed about the activities and concerns of military families in your community and across the nation;
- Take time out to get to know and express appreciation to military families;
- Help ensure military families have the opportunity to share their stories and voice their concerns in your community;
- Help ensure the places where you work, worship, and participate in community life connect their activities to addressing military families’ unique challenges; and
- Identify opportunities in your communities to tap into the unique skills, experience and commitment to service our military families display each day.
Today, the First Family will host more than 1,200 military heroes and their families for a Fourth of July celebration at the White House. Tune in for the Second Annual “Salute to the Military” USO Concert, featuring The Killers, Brandi Carlile, Cedric “The Entertainer,” and “The President’s Own” U.S. Marine Band. The evening wraps up with a viewing of the fireworks on the National Mall. You can watch the whole thing live on WhiteHouse.gov/live starting at 7 PM EDT. Happy Independence Day!
In case you missed it, watch a video from last year's 4th of July celebration at the White House.