The White House Council on Women and Girls' Friday Highlights
Welcome to this week’s edition of our Friday Highlights. This week there were a number of events focused on celebrating and empowering women and girls. We invite you to read about our activities and remember - if you have friends or family that would like to join our efforts, please have them contact us at email@example.com. Thanks!
Have a great weekend!
Friday Highlights – 10/8/2010
- Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to the President and Chair of the White House Council on Women and Girls, blogs on attending an event for the World Bank’s Adolescent Girls Initiative.
- Tina Tchen, Executive Director of the White House Council on Women and Girls, reflects on the Fortune’s Most Powerful Women’s Summit Minute Mentoring Session and the President’s Keynote Address.
- Lynn Rosenthal, White House Advisor on Violence Against Women, blogs about Domestic Violence Awareness month and the steps that the Administration is taking to address and end domestic violence.
- Myesha Ward, of the U.S. Trade Representative office, blogs about the first Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Women's Entrepreneurship Summit.
- The White House brought in over a 130 leading business women, academics, and advocates for the White House Women’s Entrepreneurship Conference. Watch their panel discussion, moderated by Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” At the event, the Department of Commerce released a report. Read it here: Women Owned Businesses in the 21st Century.
- Read about the Department of Transportation’s important efforts to improve its Vehicle Crash Rating Systems for Women.
- Rachel Vogelstein, Senior Advisor in the Secretary of State’s Office of Global Women’s Issues, unveils a newly formed partnership to increase access to family planning and reduce maternal and neonatal deaths in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa.
- PRESS RELEASE: Read about the White House and Department of State’s commitments to further eliminate discrimination against women.
- For fun, check out the Photo of the Day with First Lady Michelle Obama and a special small White House guest!
- Watch West Wing Week!