Mayors Discuss the American Jobs Act with White House Officials
David Plouffe stressed the President’s commitment to fighting hard for passage of the American Jobs Act, and asked the mayors to continue to make their voices heard so their citizens will clearly understand the benefits of the proposal for their community. Plouffe also thanked the mayors for standing with the President in support of the proposal.
Mayors from Louisville to Los Angeles to Des Moines to Philadelphia shared their local stories on the need to invest in deteriorating roads and bridges while creating much needed construction jobs in their cities. The mayors also talked about the importance of modernizing schools so students can compete in the global economy. As several mayors noted, creating jobs is a bi-partisan issue that every city in America can support.
We encourage you to share your local stories on the need to invest in American jobs at email@example.com.
David Agnew is Deputy Director for Intergovernmental Affairs
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy