Commemorating National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
On Wednesday, March 14th at 8:30a.m. EST, please join the White House as we commemorate National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day. This multi-agency event will discuss the intersection of HIV/AIDS, violence against women, and gender related health disparities. Speakers and panelists will examine the juncture of these three important issues that impact women’s lives both domestically and globally.
You can watch the event live at: http://www.whitehouse.gov/live.You can also join the conversation on Twitter by following @AIDSgov and @PEPFAR and by using #NWGHAAD.
White House Meeting on the Intersection of HIV/AIDS, Violence against Women and Gender Related Health Disparities
- Welcome and Event Overview
- Global Announcement
- Framing the Data: A Presentation by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Research Update: A Brief Update on Ongoing Research by the National Institutes of Health
- Panel Discussion: Linkage between HIV/AIDS and violence against women; a discussion of these issues and gender related health disparities in the global/domestic context.
- Domestic Announcement
- Global and Domestic Synergy
- Closing Remarks
James Albino is the Senior Program Manager of the Office of National AIDS Policy