Recipe in Spotlight - Kosher for Passover Brownies
Editor's note: This post is part of a series spotlighting different family recipes used by members of the White House staff for Passover.
This Passover recipe comes from my mom. When I was a little kid, I had these Passover brownies at a friend's house. I liked them so much that I had my mom call my friend's mom to get the recipe. She has been making them every year for me since. They are so delicious I would even eat them not on Passover.
Delicious Passover Brownies (pareve)
3/4 cup pure cocoa powder
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup matzoh cake meal
2 cups sugar
6 oz. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- mix cocoa and water
- beat eggs and add to cocoa mixture
- add cake meal and mix into cocoa mixture
- add oil, salt and mix
- fold chocolate chips into mixture
- bake in 9x12 greased pan for approximately 30-35 minutes
Some tips :
- I use safflower oil, but any oil should be fine
- this recipe seems to come out best if you use a disposable aluminum baking pan
David Cohen is the Executive Assistant in the Office of Cabinet Affairs.