My First Job: John Holdren
Summer Jobs+ is a call to action for businesses, non-profits, and government to work together to provide pathways to employment for young people in the summer of 2012. It's about helping people find their first jobs.
Today John Holdren is the Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy. In the video below he talks about his first job -- working on the Midas satellite project. Holdren explains that he was responsible for keeping track of transistor and capacitor stock, and even though his work wasn't always that interesting, he enjoyed learning from the people he met on the job.
So far, employers have listed more than 300,000 jobs, mentorships, and other employment opportunities this summer through Summer Jobs+.
You heard about John Holdren 's first job. Now go find yours.
- Watch Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to the President, talk about her first job
- Watch Cecilia Munoz, Director of the White House's Domestic Policy Council, talk about her first job.
- Watch Jimmy Fallon talk about his first job.
- See the list of participating employers and organizations
- Check out a range of web and mobile apps designed to connect young people to jobs.