This week, the President announced his choice for his new Chief of Staff, pushed for comprehensive immigration reform, and invited the Boys and Girls Club Youth of the Year, Presidential Innovation Fellows, law enforcement officials, 60 Minutes, and the Miami Heat to the White House.
Friday, January 25th
- The President introduced his choice for his new Chief of Staff, Denis McDonough.
- Outgoing Secretary of State Clinton joined the President for an interview with 60 Minutes.
- The President joined the first class of Presidential Innovation Fellows to discuss their projects aimed at modernizing the mechanics of the federal government.
Monday, January 28th
- The President and Vice President met with law enforcement officials from around the country to discuss policies the President put forward last month to reduce gun violence.
- The 2012 NBA champions- the Miami Heat- visited the White House.
- The national finalists from the Boys and Girls Club Youth of the Year Program met the President in the Oval Office.
Tuesday, January 29th
- The President traveled to Las Vegas, where he spoke about the need for comprehensive immigration reform.
Wednesday, January 30th
- Gabby Giffords and Captain Mark Kelly visited the President in the Oval Office.
- The President sat down with Telemundo and Univision for interviews that focused on Tuesday’s immigration reform announcements.
Thursday, January 31st
- Director of the White House Domestic Policy Council Cecilia Muñoz joined the latest "Fireside Hangout" on Google Plus for a conversation about the President’s commitment to immigration reform.