White House Hangout: Vice President Biden and Mayors Discuss Reducing Gun Violence
05:12 PM EDT
Update: The Hangout with Vice President Biden has concluded. Watch the full video below or on YouTube.
This week, Vice President Biden will host a virtual conversation with mayors around the country to discuss commonsense steps to reduce gun violence. Mayors know first hand the impact of gun violence on communities across the country – and they've come together to demand action.
On Wednesday, April 17th, at 2:45 p.m. EDT, the Vice President and mayors will discuss how we can protect our children and communities by reducing gun violence. We hope you'll tune in.
During the Google+ Hangout, Vice President Biden will be joined by:
- Mayor Karen Freeman-Wilson, Gary, IN
- Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, Baltimore, MD
- Mayor R.T. Rybak, Minneapolis, MN
- Mayor Steve Scaffidi, Oak Creek, WI
Last week, because of people speaking out, the U.S. Senate took an important step forward on commonsense reforms to reduce gun violence, but we've got a lot more work to do. Watch the Google+ Hangout live on Wednesday, April 17th, and make your voice heard by joining the White House call for action on social media.
Here's how it works:
- Sign on to share a tweet or Facebook message through our action page here: wh.gov/nowisthetime/action
- We'll gather as many voices as we can, then post all the messages and tweets simultaneously for maximum impact
- The more people who sign up, the louder our collective voice will be, so after you sign on, encourage your friends and family to participate.
The Vice President’s Hangout with mayors continues a series of conversations with top administration officials on Google+. In January, Vice President Biden participated in his first-ever Google+ Hangout to talk to Americans about proposals to reduce gun violence. You can watch the full Hangout here or learn more about the President's proposals to reduce gun violence here.
Follow the White House on Google+ for updates from the Administration and opportunities to participate in upcoming hangouts.