This week, the President spoke to the graduates of the U.S. Naval Academy, traveled to Oklahoma and New Jersey to highlight recovery efforts, and honored Memorial Day with the First Lady at Arlington National Cemetery.
Friday, May 24th
- The President gave the commencement address at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland.
- The First Lady joined actress Kerry Washington on a visit to the Savoy School in Southeast D.C., which is part of the President's Turnaround Arts Initiative.
- Then, the President returned to the White House to sign H.R. 360 to award posthumously a congressional Gold Medal to the four little girls killed in 1963 in the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing in Birmingham, Alabama.
Sunday, May 26th
- The President traveled to Moore, Oklahoma, where he was joined by Governor Mary Fallin, Congressman Tom Cole, and FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate to view first-hand the aftermath of the previous weeks' tornadoes, and to affirm America's commitment to their recovery effort.
Monday, May 27th
- The President and First Lady visited Arlington National Cemetery to commemorate Memorial Day.
Tuesday, May 28th