This week, the President honored Father's Day and the WNBA Champion Indiana Fever at the White House before embarking on a four-day trip to the G8 Summit in Northern Ireland and to Berlin.
Friday, June 14th
- The President hosted a Father's Day luncheon as part of his Fatherhood and Mentoring Initiative, where he was joined by 15 "Becoming a Man" program participants with whom he met in Chicago earlier this year.
- Then, the President welcomed the 2012 WNBA Champion Indiana Fever to the White House and honored them for their victory and for their dedication to community service and empowering women.
Monday, June 17th
- The President and First Family travelled to Belfast, where the President spoke to the people of Northern Ireland.
- Then, the President met with Prime Minister of the U.K., David Cameron, to pay a visit the Enniskillen Primary School.
Tuesday, June 18th
- The President attended his fifth G8 Summit in Lough Erne, where he spoke about a range of issues, including the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, known as T-TIP.
Wednesday, June 19th
- The President met with the President of Germany, Joachim Gauck, at the historic Schloss Bellevue in Berlin.
- Then, the President met with Chancellor Angela Merkel and addressed a crowd of over four thousand at the Brandenburg Gate.