This week, the 44th President hosted the 41st President at the White House to confer the 5,000th Daily Point of Light award, honored Richard Cordray as the newly confirmed Director of the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, sat down to talk with Spanish language news anchors, and spoke on the importance of supporting full implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
Monday, July 15th
- The President welcomed former President George H.W. Bush to the White House to honor the 5,000th recipient of the Daily Point of Light Award, which President Bush first conferred in 1990.
Tuesday, July 16th
- The President sat down with four Spanish language news reporters as part of the "En vivo desde Casa Blanca" or "Live from the White House" series, where they discussed the need for the House to pass commonsense immigration reform.
Wednesday, July 17th
- The President was joined by Richard Cordray, the newly confirmed Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, after serving the year as the President's interim director.
Thursday, July 18th
- The President spoke in the East Room on the progress of the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
- That afternoon, seven newly appointed foreign ambassadors arrived at the White House for the formal beginning of their service.