This week, the President embarked on a two-day trip west, to Arizona and California, to continue talking with Americans about his better bargain for the middle class, this time focusing on housing, to pay a visit to service members at Marine Base Camp Pendleton, and to sit down for a visit with Jay Leno. Back at home, he met with the Prime Minister of Greece, the outgoing class of summer interns, and former Negro League baseball players.
Monday, August 5th
- The President met with former Negro League baseball players to thank them for their contributions to our nation's history and civil rights.
Tuesday, August 6th
- The President traveled to Phoenix, Arizona where he laid out his vision for a housing system that promotes the American dream of homeownership.
- Then, the President traveled to Burbank, California for a lively taping of the "Tonight Show with Jay Leno".
Wednesday, August 7th
- The President sat down with Zillow CEO Spencer Rascoff to answer questions about housing from Americans all over the country.
- Then, the President traveled to Camp Pendleton to visit with troops and their families and thank them for their service.
Thursday, August 8th
- The President met with the outgoing class of White House summer interns.
- Then, the President welcomed the Prime Minister of Greece to the White House for a bilateral meeting.