West Wing Week 02/28/14 or "I Am My Brother's Keeper"
12:00 AM EDT
This week, the President announced two new manufacturing hubs, and his "My Brother's Keeper" initiative, toured a new light rail system in St. Paul, Minnesota, and spoke on the importance of supporting American infrastructure jobs. The First Lady celebrated the fourth anniversary of her "Let's Move" Initiative with both Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler, while the Vice President kicked off the inaugural episode of Late Night with Seth Meyers.
Friday, February 21st
- The First Lady and Will Ferrell hosted a Let’s Move! “focus group” with young kids to ask them about eating healthy and being active.
Monday, February 24th
- The President hosted Governors from across the nation in Washington, D.C. for the 2014 National Governors Association Winter Meeting.
- Later that day, the Vice President appeared on the inaugural episode of Late Night with Seth Meyers.
Tuesday, February 25th
- The First Lady marked the fourth anniversary of the Lets Move! Initiative by announcing new commitments by the National Recreational Park Association and Boys and Girls Club of America to create healthy environments for children in their out of school programs.
- Later, the President announced new steps to partner with the private sector and colleges to boost manufacturing and design tech.
Wednesday, February 26th
- The President toured a metro transit light rail maintainence facility and visited Union Depot in St Paul, Minnesota, to highlight the importance of creating jobs and infrastructure across the nation.
- The Vice President held a series of conference calls with Americans across the country to discuss the Affordable Care Act.
Thursday, February 27th
- Later, the President unveiled his "My Brothers Keeper" Initiative.