This week, the President praised the power of solar, honored this year's TOP COPS, awarded the Medal of Honor and traveled to New York for the opening of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum.
Friday, May 9th
- On Friday, the President traveled to Mountain View, California to show how solar technology was being used at Mountain View’s Wal Mart to cut costs and create jobs, much like the White House’s recent investments.
Monday, May 12th
- On Monday, the President and Vice President hosted President Jose Mujica Cordano of Uruguay at the White House for a bilateral meeting in the Oval Office.
- Later that day, the President honored the 2014 National Association of Police Organizations TOP COPS Award winners at the White House.
Tuesday, May 13th
- On Tuesday, the President spoke to the press on the importance of immigration reform.
- Later that day, President Obama presented Sgt. Kyle J. White with the Medal of Honor for his courageous actions during combat operations in Nuristan Province, Afghanistan.
Wednesday, May 14th
- On Wednesday, the President and First Lady traveled to New York where the President spoke on infrastructure at the Washington Irving Yacht Club.
Thursday, May 15th
- On Thursday, the President and First Lady toured the September 11th Memorial and Museum and attended the dedication.