White House Memo
The government should not discriminate against or punish Americans and their organizations simply because of their religious beliefs. Today, President Donald J. Trump will sign an executive order ushering in a renewal of religious liberty in America.
- 10:45AM: President Trump meets with Catholic Cardinals and leaders
- 11:00AM: President Trump signs the Executive Order on Promoting Free Speech and Religious Liberty and participates in the National Day of Prayer Event – Watch LIVE
- 4:00PM: President Trump meets with Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull of Australia
- 4:20PM: President Trump has an expanded bilateral meeting with Prime Minster Turnbull
- 7:20PM: President Trump gives remarks commemorating the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of the Coral Sea – Watch LIVE
OVAL OFFICE HIGHLIGHTS
President Trump makes remarks at a School Choice Event.
President Trump has a working luncheon with President Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority.
WHITE HOUSE UPDATES
Photo of the Day:
Vice President Pence makes remarks at a School Choice Event.
WHITE HOUSE HISTORY
President Theodore Roosevelt started using the West Wing in 1902 for staff offices, and President Herbert Hoover had the wing remodeled following a fire in 1929. The West Wing was completely rebuilt in the 1930’s under the direction of President Franklin Roosevelt. Renovations were completed in 1934, doubling the size of the West Wing and placing the Oval Office in its present location in the South East corner. (Library of Congress Online Catalog).
Watch yesterday's press briefing with Sean Spicer:
CNBC: Trump to Abbas: I’ll do ‘whatever is necessary’ to broker Middle East peace
Fox Business: U.S. Republican Lawmakers Shift to "Yes" on Health Care Bill With Changes