Your Weekly Address
President Barack Obama intends to publish a weekly video address every Saturday morning of his presidency.
President Barack Obama tapes the Weekly Address in the Map Room of the White House, March 20, 2015. March 20, 2015. (Official White House Photo by Chuck Kennedy)
In this week’s address, the President called on Republicans in Congress to stop playing politics with law enforcement and national security and confirm Loretta Lynch as Attorney General of the United States.
Loretta is an independent, career prosecutor who deserves to be confirmed as soon as possible. She has proven herself time and again throughout her 30-year career, yet come Monday, the amount of time her nomination will have languished on the floor of the Senate will total more than that of the past seven Attorney General nominees combined.
In his address, the President asked Republicans in Congress to stop denying a vote on the nomination of Loretta Lynch and end the longest confirmation process for an Attorney General in three decades.
All Weekly Addresses
- March 14, 2015 6:00 AM EDT
- March 07, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
- February 28, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
- February 21, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
- February 14, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
- February 07, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
- January 31, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
- January 24, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
- January 17, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
- January 10, 2015 7:00 AM EDT