Your Weekly Address
President Barack Obama intends to publish a weekly video address every Saturday morning of his presidency.
President Barack Obama tapes the Weekly Address in the Map Room of the White House, March 27, 2015. (Official White House Photo by Amanda Lucidon)
In this week’s address, the President highlighted the progress made protecting American consumers since he signed Wall Street reform into law five years ago, including an important new step taken by the independent Consumer Financial Protection Bureau earlier this week toward preventing abuses in payday lending.
The President emphasized his commitment to fighting to advance middle-class economics and ensure everybody who works hard can get ahead, while opposing attempts by Republicans both to weaken the CFPB and give large tax breaks to the wealthiest Americans at the expense of the middle class.
All Weekly Addresses
- March 21, 2015 6:00 AM EDT
- March 14, 2015 6:00 AM EDT
- March 07, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
- February 28, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
- February 21, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
- February 14, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
- February 07, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
- January 31, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
- January 24, 2015 7:00 AM EDT
- January 17, 2015 7:00 AM EDT