Your Weekly Address
President Barack Obama intends to publish a weekly video address every Saturday morning of his presidency.
President Barack Obama tapes the Weekly Address in the Map Room of the White House, March 27, 2015. (Official White House Photo by Amanda Lucidon)
In this week’s address, the President highlighted the progress made protecting American consumers since he signed Wall Street reform into law five years ago, including an important new step taken by the independent Consumer Financial Protection Bureau earlier this week toward preventing abuses in payday lending.
The President emphasized his commitment to fighting to advance middle-class economics and ensure everybody who works hard can get ahead, while opposing attempts by Republicans both to weaken the CFPB and give large tax breaks to the wealthiest Americans at the expense of the middle class.
All Weekly Addresses
- November 17, 2012 6:45 AM EDT
- November 10, 2012 6:45 AM EDT
- November 03, 2012 5:30 AM EDT
- October 27, 2012 5:30 AM EDT
- October 20, 2012 6:00 AM EDT
- October 13, 2012 5:30 AM EDT
- October 06, 2012 5:30 AM EDT
- September 29, 2012 5:30 AM EDT
- September 22, 2012 5:00 AM EDT
- September 15, 2012 5:45 AM EDT