PROMOTING GROWTH AND PROSPERITY: President Donald J. Trump championed the successes of his pro-growth agenda at this year’s G20 Summit.
- President Trump used the G20 Summit as an opportunity to reiterate his commitment to promoting economic growth and prosperity both domestically and across the world.
- At the G20, President Trump highlighted the Administration’s successes in achieving historic tax cuts, cutting regulations, and promoting workforce development.
- President Trump’s economic policies have resulted in the United States seeing historically low unemployment and strong economic growth.
- The President encouraged other countries to follow this path to promote economic growth and prosperity for citizens worldwide.
- President Trump urged leaders to invest in job training and workforce reskilling to meet the needs of high-demand industries.
- President Trump also addressed the need to promote economic opportunities for women around the world.
ACHIEVING FREE AND BALANCED TRADE: President Trump is working with world leaders to advance free, fair, and reciprocal trade.
- President Trump seeks to advance a global economic system that is based on fair economic competition and free, fair, and reciprocal trade.
- The President is working with other leaders to fight unfair trade practices.
- At the Summit, the President officially signed the United States–Mexico–Canada Agreement (USMCA) – the largest, most advanced, and most balanced trade deal in our history.
- Once implemented, the USMCA will replace the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
- The Agreement will make North America the most competitive free, fair, and reciprocal trading bloc in the world.
- In addition, President Trump met with many world leaders about securing fair market access for United States goods and services through bilateral trade deals.
INVESTING IN INFRASTRUCTURE AND ENERGY: President Trump is promoting the development of quality infrastructure and energy investment.
- President Trump understands that modern infrastructure is a critical component of achieving economic growth.
- During the G20, the President highlighted the need for transparent and accountable infrastructure finance.
- Such finance will support the development of high-standard, quality infrastructure that does not deepen the debt of developing countries.
- Last month, President Trump signed the BUILD Act to reform, expand, and modernize our country’s development finance tools to spur private-sector led development.
- The President also secured G20 recognition of the role all sources of energy play in economic growth, energy security, and energy access, while supporting a healthy environment.