BUILDING A BRIGHTER FUTURE: The booming economy is lifting millions of Americans out of poverty and providing all people with the opportunity for a brighter future.
- Since President Trump was elected, 7 million jobs have been added to our economy, and the unemployment rate remains near its lowest level in half a century.
- The unemployment rates for African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Asian Americans have all reached record lows under President Trump.
- Wages are rising, with low-income workers seeing the fastest growth.
- Nearly 2.5 million Americans, including nearly 1.4 million children, have been lifted out of poverty under President Trump.
- The poverty rates for African Americans and Hispanics reached historic lows in 2018.
INVESTING IN FORGOTTEN COMMUNITIES: President Trump’s policies are spurring investment to revitalize hurting communities and unleash their economic potential.
- President Trump’s historic tax cuts established Opportunity Zones to incentivize long-term investments in low-income communities nationwide.
- There are 8,760 designated Opportunity Zones, home to nearly 35 million Americans in all 50 States, the District of Columbia, and 5 Territories.
- Opportunity Zones are projected to spur $100 billion in private investment in these communities.
- Opportunity Zones are a powerful vehicle for bringing economic growth and job creation to the American communities that need them the most.
- The median family income in these communities is 37 percent below the State median.
- The average poverty rate in an Opportunity Zone is more than 32 percent.
- President Trump launched the White House Opportunity and Revitalization Council – which has already identified more than 180 regulatory reforms to encourage investment.
HELPING AMERICAN WORKERS EXCEL: President Trump is making sure American workers have the education and training they need to excel in family-sustaining careers.
- President Trump’s Pledge to America’s Workers has prompted more than 400 companies to pledge jobs and education opportunities for nearly 15 million American students and workers.
- Americans are coming off the sidelines thanks to President Trump’s efforts.
- In the fourth quarter of 2019, a record 74.2 percent of workers entering employment came from out of the labor force, rather than from unemployment.
- The number of prime-age Americans in the workforce has grown by 2.2 million.
CREATING OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL: President Trump’s policies are helping forgotten Americans across the country prosper.
- President Trump signed the FIRST STEP Act to reduce recidivism and strengthen our communities and economy.
- These reforms championed by President Trump are offering prisoners a second chance through rehabilitative programs, fair sentencing, and smart confinement.
- President Trump has promoted second chance hiring to build on the reforms of the FIRST STEP Act and make sure all Americans have the opportunity to succeed.