WELCOMING OUR CHERISHED ALLY: President Donald J. Trump is welcoming Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to the White House and furthering our countries’ friendship.
- President Trump is welcoming Prime Minister Netanyahu to the White House, where the two will discuss our countries’ shared interests in the Middle East.
- The President’s meeting with Prime Minister Netanyahu comes following his announcement that it is time for the United States to recognize Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights.
- Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights is critical to the security of Israel and the stability of the entire Middle East.
UNWAVERING COMMITMENT TO OUR PARTNERSHIP: Under President Trump, the alliance between the United States and Israel has never been stronger.
- Following years of empty promises by past presidents, President Trump followed through on his pledge to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and move the United States embassy there.
- The Trump Administration has pushed back against the United Nations’ (UN) unfair treatment of Israel.
- For too long, Israel has been the unfair target of biased and one-sided attacks at the UN.
- President Trump withdrew the United States from the UN Human Rights Commission which has repeatedly shown an abhorrent anti-Israel bias.
- Under President Trump, the United States has continually opposed UN resolutions that unfairly target Israel.
- The Trump Administration will oppose all efforts that seek to isolate and delegitimize Israel, including through the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions movement.
- The Administration strongly supports efforts to expand ties between Israel and neighboring Arab states, particularly those in the Gulf.
PROTECTING ISRAEL’S SECURITY: President Trump remains firmly committed to Israel’s security and supports its right to defend itself.
- The current level of United States support for Israel’s security is unparalleled, with the United States providing $3.8 billion annually in security assistance to Israel.
- President Trump is confronting malign activity of the Iranian regime – which has publicly declared it wants to destroy Israel.
- Iran’s destabilizing activity throughout the Middle East and its continued support for terrorist groups threaten Israel’s security.
- The President withdrew from the disastrous Iran deal that enabled its malign behavior, including its support of terrorist proxies such as Hizballah and Hamas.
- President Trump has put in place the toughest sanctions regime ever imposed on Iran.
- The Trump Administration has worked to cut off financial support for Hizballah, setting a record for the most sanctions imposed on Hizballah in a single year.
- This Administration strongly supports Israel’s right to defend itself against Hamas and other Gaza-based terrorist groups, which have fired hundreds of rockets and missiles into Israel.
- The United States will work with Israel to ensure reliable communications networks and reduce the risk of malicious cyber activity.