STRENGTHENING OUR CYBER WORKFORCE: President Donald J. Trump is supporting a strong cybersecurity workforce to defend our country and promote quality job opportunities.
- President Trump has signed an Executive Order directing the creation of programs to grow and strengthen our cybersecurity workforce to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
- The Executive Order will promote cybersecurity work within the Government, including through a new President’s Cup Cybersecurity Competition.
- The Administration will develop a rotational program where Federal employees can expand their cybersecurity expertise through temporary reassignments to other agencies.
- The Executive Order encourages widespread adoption of the cybersecurity workforce framework created by the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE).
- The NICE Framework is a helpful reference for identifying, recruiting, developing, and retaining cybersecurity talent.
- The Executive Order aims to close cybersecurity skills gaps for the cyber-physical systems that our defense and critical infrastructure rely on.
- Federal agencies will identify cybersecurity aptitude assessments that they can use to reskill employees with potential in the cybersecurity field.
- The Administration will establish the Presidential Cybersecurity Education Awards, recognizing excellent elementary and secondary school educators teaching cybersecurity-related content.
GROWING THE WORKFORCE: Training and hiring cybersecurity workers is vital to protecting our Nation’s defense systems and critical infrastructure.
- Government and private-sector action is urgently needed to grow and sustain our cybersecurity workforce, which is a strategic asset to our country.
- Our cybersecurity workforce is made up of dedicated individuals in the public and private sectors who operate the critical systems needed to run and defend our country.
- More than 300,000 cybersecurity job vacancies exist in America and it is critical for our economy and security that they be filled.
- The cybersecurity field offers well-paying jobs that provide incredible opportunities for Americans.
- An inadequate cybersecurity workforce jeopardizes our critical infrastructure, national defense, and modern economy.
PROTECTING OUR SECURITY: President Trump has committed his Administration to protecting and strengthening our Nation’s cybersecurity.
- The President released a National Security Strategy that highlighted cybersecurity as a priority.
- Last year, President Trump unveiled our Nation’s first cyber strategy in 15 years, which included the priority to develop a superior cybersecurity workforce.
- Multiple agencies have also released strategies emphasizing the importance of cybersecurity.
- In 2017, President Trump released an Executive Order to strengthen the cybersecurity of Federal networks and our critical infrastructure.