SUPPORTING WORKING PARENTS: President Donald J. Trump has promoted policies that support and empower working parents.
- President Trump has called for the creation of a plan for nationwide paid family leave so that every new parent has the chance to bond with his or her newborn child.
- He is the first president to include a plan for nationwide paid family leave in his Budget.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act signed by the President included a new tax credit to businesses offering paid family leave to their employees.
- Businesses can receive a tax credit of up to 25% for the wages paid to employees during their leave.
- This tax credit marked an important step in promoting paid family leave nationwide.
- Paid family leave is an investment in our future that will strengthen family bonds and improve the financial stability of American families.
- The President will ask Congress to support school choice in order to support working parents.
PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN: President Trump is committed to protecting the precious gift of life.
- President Trump is calling on Congress to defend the dignity and life of every person and pass legislation to prohibit late-term abortion of children who can feel pain in the mother’s womb.
- Recently, our country has witnessed a chilling disregard for life as States have taken up legislation that would expand access to abortion up until just moments before birth.
- In New York, lawmakers cheered as they passed legislation that would allow for third trimester abortions in specific cases.
- In Virginia, the Governor stated he would support executing a baby after birth.
- Since taking office, President Trump has followed through on his promise to protect life.
- The President recently signed a letter to Congress making clear that he will veto any legislation that weakens protections of life.
- President Trump reinstated and expanded the Mexico City Policy, preventing foreign aid from being used to support abortion.
- The Administration issued a proposed regulation to ensure taxpayer dollars from the Title X family planning program are not awarded to abortion providers.
HELPING FAMILIES GET AHEAD: President Trump is working to help families get ahead and build a successful future for their loved ones.
- The President has enacted a pro-growth agenda that has spurred job creation and led to rising wages, helping families’ bottom lines as they support their loved ones.
- President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which provided tax cuts for many families and increased deductions that will help these families get ahead:
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act doubled the child tax credit from $1,000 to $2,000 and helped more families claim the credit.
- Parents are now able to use 529 education savings plans to help pay for primary and secondary education for their children thanks to the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act also drove businesses to provide millions of Americans with bonuses, wage increases, and increased benefits.