AMERICA FIRST FOREIGN POLICY: President Donald J. Trump led America’s return to leadership on the international stage, while prioritizing America’s interests.
- American leadership, security, prosperity, and accountability has been strengthened by President Trump.
- American leadership in the world has been re-asserted, vital investments in our military have been secured, and threats to our national security interests have been confronted.
CONFRONTING THE TERROR THREAT: The Trump Administration has devastated ISIS’ self-declared caliphate and curbed the global threat of terror against the United States and its allies.
- Trump Administration policy has led to the near total destruction of ISIS’ self-declared caliphate, including the liberation of all Iraqi territory from ISIS control.
- Of ISIS’ total territorial loss, at least 50 percent occurred under President Trump.
- A punishing series of sanctions has been unveiled by the Trump Administration, targeting the supporters of terrorism around the globe.
- The new National Vetting Center was established by the Trump Administration to ensure those who come to the United States do not pose a threat to domestic security.
RESTORING AMERICA’S STRENGTH: The President has secured funding to rebuild our military and support our troops with the resources they deserve.
- Historic increases in defense funding were secured by President Trump in order to rebuild our Nation’s military and provide our troops with the resources they need.
- President Trump signed legislation to provide $700 billion in defense spending for fiscal year (FY) 2018 and $716 billion for FY 2019 and a 2.4 percent pay raise for our servicemembers.
STANDING BY OUR WORD AND OUR ALLIES: President Trump has ended decades of talk and restored the credibility of America’s word on the international stage.
- President Trump has made significant progress toward the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula, after decades of unsuccessful policies.
- After decades of unfulfilled promises from presidential candidates of both parties, President Trump recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and moved the U.S. Embassy there.
- President Trump ordered strikes against Syria in response to the regime’s use of chemical weapons in April 2017 and April 2018.
- 17 Americans held overseas have returned under President Trump’s leadership.
NO MORE BAD DEALS: President Trump has ended US participation in the Iran deal (JCPOA), which put at risk America’s national security.
- President Trump terminated the United States’ participation in the defective and one-sided Iran deal, which allowed Iran’s military spending to increase 40 percent.
- By re-imposing sanctions, President Trump shows we no longer makes empty threats.
- The President is working with our allies to find a comprehensive and lasting solution to the nuclear threat, including eliminating Iran’s ballistic missile program.