SAFETY THROUGH STRENGTH: President Donald J. Trump has undertaken historic efforts to rebuild our military and strengthen our Nation’s defenses.
- Since taking office, President Trump has secured robust funding to rebuild our military and defend the safety and security of our Nation.
- This includes a record $700 billion last year and $716 billion this year for funding to face new and evolving threats from hostile powers around the world.
- The President also helped secure a $100 billion increase in defense spending from NATO allies.
- President Trump is working to ensure our service members receive the best equipment, training, and care.
- This includes providing our military with its largest pay raise in nearly a decade.
- The United States has worked with our allies to liberate virtually all territory held by ISIS in Iraq and Syria.
- ISIS controlled more than 20,000 square miles in Iraq and Syria when President Trump took office.
- President Trump is continuing his push for peace on the Korean Peninsula and will meet with Chairman Kim again this month in Vietnam.
- Though much work remains, our hostages have been brought home, nuclear testing has halted, and there has not been a missile launch in 15 months.
- In the coming months, the Administration will release a proposal to end the Israeli and Palestinian conflict and bring peace based on principled realism, not discredited theories.
- It was in line with this commitment to principled realism that President Trump recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and moved our embassy there.
- President Trump condemned Maduro and his cronies in Venezuela and stood up for American principles by recognizing the legitimate Interim President of Venezuela, Juan Guaido.
- President Trump has acted to confront the radical regime in Iran by withdrawing from the disastrous, one-sided Iran nuclear deal and imposing devastating sanctions.
PUTTING AMERICA FIRST: President Trump is fulfilling his promise to stop the cycle of endless wars that have burdened our Nation.
- President Trump is bringing our troops home from endless wars and ensuring that countries in the region increase their contribution to the fight against radical Islamic terrorism.
- For nearly two decades, America has been involved in Middle Eastern conflicts that have cost thousands of American lives and trillions of dollars.
- It is time to begin bringing our troops in Syria home and for countries in the region to step up their commitments to destroy ISIS remnants and prevent their return.
- President Trump is determined to pursue a political settlement in Afghanistan and, should progress be made, we will be able to reduce our troop presence there.