PROMOTING OPPORTUNITY FOR WORKERS AND THEIR FAMILIES: American workers and families are at the forefront of the Trump Administration’s pro-growth economic agenda.
- President Trump is working to provide American workers with the tools and opportunities to win in today’s economy and the economy of the future.
- President Trump is implementing policies that will help working families across the country prosper.
- The success of American workers and their families is essential to our shared national prosperity.
STRENGTHENING AMERICA’S WORKERS: President Trump is dedicated to equipping American workers with the education and training they need to excel in in-demand and family-sustaining careers.
- President Trump is calling on Congress to support his plan to provide vocational training at every single high school in America.
- The President is encouraging private-sector investments with his Pledge to America’s Workers, prompting more than 400 companies to pledge jobs and educational opportunities for nearly 15 million American workers.
- This includes training in cutting-edge areas like artificial intelligence, quantum computing, cybersecurity, and secure 5G so workers are able to thrive in the jobs of tomorrow.
- The President released common sense occupational licensing reform principles calling on State and local leaders to improve the economic mobility of American workers.
- Thanks to the President’s strong commitment, Americans are coming off the sidelines and thriving in today’s booming economy.
- In the fourth quarter of 2019, a record 74.2 percent of workers entering employment came from outside of the labor force, rather than from unemployment.
SUPPORTING WORKING FAMILIES: President Trump is advocating for policies that will benefit American working families.
- The President is urging Congress to pass legislation that will expand paid parental leave to every working American mother and father.
- President Trump’s call to action follows his signing of legislation late last year that enacted 12 weeks of paid parental leave for Federal employees.
- The President created the first paid family leave tax credit for employers who offer paid leave to their employees making $72,000 or less, helping those least likely to receive the benefit.
- The President signed the largest-ever increase in Child Care Development Block Grants – expanding access to quality, affordable child care for more than 800,000 low-income families.
- President Trump’s historic tax cuts expanded the Child Tax Credit, providing a boost to families across the country.
- 40 million American families are benefiting from the expanded Child Tax Credit, with each family seeing an average of $2,200 more in their pockets as a result.