PRESIDENT TRUMP’S SECOND WEEK OF ACTION
- 7: Presidential Actions to Make America Great Again
- 4: Diplomatic conversations with foreign leaders to promote an America First foreign policy.
- 4: Meetings to get input from workers and business leaders on jumpstarting job creation.
- 2: Events for the nomination of Judge Gorsuch to the Supreme Court
- 2: Events to commemorate African American History Month
- 2: Members of President Trump’s Cabinet sworn in.
- 1: Bill signed into law
- 1: Meeting with cyber security experts
- 1: Commemoration of American Heart Month
- 1: Speech at the National Prayer Breakfast
- 1: Letter of Recognition for National Catholic Schools Week
Following Through On His Promise To The American People, President Trump Nominated Judge Neil Gorsuch To The Supreme Court
- On Tuesday, President Trump nominated Judge Neil Gorsuch to become Associate Justice on the Supreme Court, filling the seat left behind by the late Justice Antonin Scalia.
- The next day, President Trump met with various stakeholders to thank them for their input in making such an important decision.
President Trump Continued To Drain The Washington Swamp And Further Protect All Americans
PROTECTING AMERICANS: President Trump signed two executive memoranda to protect Americans and sanctioned the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism in Iran.
- On Friday, the Trump administration sanctioned twenty-five individuals and entities that provide support to Iran’s ballistic missile program and to the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ Quds Force.
- Last Saturday, President Trump ordered a 30-day review and development of a new plan to defeat ISIS.
- Last Saturday, to better get advice and information needed to ensure the safety and security of the American people, President Trump signed an executive order that modernized the National Security Council and the Homeland Security Council.
DRAINING THE SWAMP: President Trump used the power of his office to promote government transparency, preventing lobbying influence, and limiting regulatory overreach.
- Last Saturday, President Trump signed an executive order establishing new ethics commitments for all Executive branch appointees to limit the influence of lobbyists and Washington insiders.
- On Monday, President Trump signed an executive order to reduce government regulations by requiring two existing regulations to be ended if a new one is approved.
- On Tuesday, President Trump signed into law the “GAO Access And Oversight Act Of 2017” (H.R.72) allowing the Government Accountability Office to gather records from all federal agencies so it can be more responsive to civil action.
President Trump Continued To Put Jobs Front And Center Through Two Executive Actions And Holding Four Stakeholder Meetings With Labor And Business Leaders
FREEING UP THE FINANCIAL SYSTEM: President Trump made two Presidential actions to better enable the financial system to promote job creation and serve all Americans
- On Friday, President Trump signed an executive order to regulate the financial system in a way that protects consumers while promoting economic growth and job creation.
- On Friday, President Trump issued a memorandum to prevent the unintended consequences of financial fiduciary rules from limiting economic opportunity and American’s investments.
HEARING FROM STAKEHOLDERS: Throughout the week, President Trump met with labor and business leaders to get input on how best to jumpstart job creation for all Americans.
- On Monday, President Trump met with small business owners to get input on how to spur job creation and help businesses like theirs succeed.
- On Tuesday, President Trump met with leaders in the pharmaceutical industry to discuss how jobs can be brought back to America and reduce prices so all Americans can afford quality healthcare.
- On Thursday, President Trump met with the executives of Harley-Davidson and union representatives to encourage American manufacturing.
- On Friday, President Trump met with his economic advisory council to discuss ways to deliver jobs to all Americans.
To Start African American History Month, President Trump Honored The History Of The African American Community And Their Vast Contribution To American Society
- On Wednesday, President Trump met with African American community leaders to honor their contribution and listen to their input on what can be done to improve the lives of all Americans.
- The same day, President Trump signed a proclamation honoring February 2017 as Black History Month.
Despite Historic Democratic Obstructionism, President Trump Continued To Get His Cabinet Nominees Confirmed By Congress
- On Tuesday, Elaine Chao was sworn in as President Trump’s Secretary of Transportation.
- On Wednesday, Rex Tillerson was sworn in as President Trump’s Secretary of State.
President Trump Held Three Conversations With Foreign Leaders To Promote American Interests Around The Globe
- On Sunday, President Trump spoke with King Salman bin Abd Al-Aziz Al Saud of Saudi Arabia on creating safe zones in Syria and Yemen to help refugees and strict enforcement of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action on Iran.
- On Sunday, President Trump spoke with the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Muhammad bin Zayid Al Nuhayyan of the United Arab Emirates to reaffirm the strong partnership between both countries and combating radical Islamic terrorism.
- On Sunday, President Trump spoke with Acting President Hwang Kyo-ahn of the Republic of Korea on the important of the their mutual alliance and defending against North Korea.
- On Thursday, President Trump met with King Abdullah II of Jordan where he conveyed the U.S.’s commitment to Jordan’s stability and defeating ISIS.
To Further Protect America’s Cyber Security, President Trump Met With Experts
- On Tuesday, President Trump held a listening session with cyber security experts to help fulfill his campaign promise of securing America against cyber threats.
President Trump Spoke At The National Prayer Breakfast
- On Thursday, President Trump continued to champion repealing the Johnson Amendment to allow representatives of faith to speak freely and without retribution.
President Trump Commemorated American Heart Month
- On Friday, President Trump proclaimed February 2017 as American Heart Month.
President Trump Recognized National Catholic Schools Week
- On Friday, President Trump issued a letter recognizing National Catholic Schools week.
In Two Weeks Of Action, The President Has Been Relentless In This Effort To Make America Great Again
- 21 Presidential Actions
- 16 Meetings With Foreign Leaders
10 Stakeholder Meetings
- 6 Cabinet Members Sworn-In
- 4 National Proclamations
3 Agency Visits
- 2 Speeches
- 1 Legislation signed into law
- 1 Supreme Court Nomination
- 1 Manufacturing Initiative Launch
- 1 Thank-You Reception
- 1 Letter Of Recognition