Navigate this Section
The Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) offers paid full-time and part-time internship programs on the White House campus.
We are now accepting applications for the Summer 2023 session on a rolling basis until February 3, 2023.
Interns will have the opportunity to work on exciting, challenging projects with real world implications. Interns support the research and analysis-based mission of the CEA by assisting the staff in researching a wide range of macroeconomic, microeconomic, and international issues and conducting statistical analysis and data collection, among other responsibilities. Interns also earn valuable experience applying their quantitative and qualitative research skills on a daily basis and learn new ways to approach questions from CEA economists. Administrative duties to support the work of the Council are also involved.
Program participants must be U.S. citizens, at least 18 years or older before the first day of the program, and meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two- to four-year institution)
- Have demonstrated interest in economics, statistics, mathematics, public policy, or finance with a strong academic record and passion for public service
- Have excellent writing and analytical skills
- Have experience using Microsoft Office and conducting research and analysis
- Preferred candidates will have experience with Stata (or a similar statistical software)
- Required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination and undergo pre-employment drug testing
- Required to attest to their vaccination status and must adhere to any White House-determined COVID-19 testing, masking, and/or social distancing guidance.
We are now accepting applications for the upcoming Summer 2023 session on a rolling basis until February 3, 2023. The Summer session will run from June 5 to August 11, 2023.
If you are interested in applying, please email PDFs of your resume, a transcript, and a cover letter to:
President’s Council of Economic Advisers
Candidates should indicate in the subject line of the email as well as in the file names of your resume, transcript, and cover letter to which session you are applying (Summer 2023).