Navigate this Section
The Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) offers paid full-time and part-time internship programs on the White House campus. The application period for the Fall 2022 internship session is now open until June 24, 2022. The Fall 2022 session will be a 14-week program, beginning on September 12, 2022 and ending on December 16, 2022. The stipend is set at $750/week for full time and $375/week for part time. Interns will not be able to participate in the program remotely.
Interns will have the opportunity to work on exciting, challenging projects with real world implications. Interns support the research and analysis-based mission of the CEA by assisting the staff in researching a wide range of macroeconomic, microeconomic, and international issues and conducting statistical analysis and data collection, among other responsibilities. Interns also earn valuable experience applying their quantitative and qualitative research skills on a daily basis and learn new ways to approach questions from CEA economists. Administrative duties to support the work of the Council are also involved.
Program participants must be U.S. citizens, at least 18 years or older before the first day of the program, and meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two- to four-year institution)
- Have demonstrated interest in economics, statistics, mathematics, public policy, or finance with a strong academic record and passion for public service
- Have excellent writing and analytical skills
- Have experience using Microsoft Office and conducting research and analysis
- Preferred candidates will have experience with Stata (or a similar statistical software)
- Required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination and undergo pre-employment drug testing
- Required to attest to their vaccination status and must adhere to any White House-determined COVID-19 testing, masking, and/or social distancing guidance.
The 2022 fall internship program is now open. Applications for the fall can be submitted through June 24, 2022. Selected applicants will be notified the week of August 8, 2022.
If you are interested in applying, please email PDFs of your resume, a transcript, and a cover letter to:
President’s Council of Economic Advisers