On September 14, 2017, CEQ published a notice in the Federal Register announcing an initial list of actions it will take to enhance and modernize the Federal environmental review and authorization process for infrastructure projects.
To comply with Section 5(d) of Executive Order 13807, CEQ will refer various requests for designation of State projects pursuant to Executive Order 13766 to the Federal Permitting Improvement Steering Council, Department of Transportation and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers as appropriate. CEQ will, as appropriate in response to any additional requests from States, refer projects that qualify for designation as high priority projects in accordance with Section 5(d) of Executive Order 13807. The Federal Infrastructure Permitting Dashboard tracks the Federal government’s environmental review and authorization processes for covered major infrastructure projects.
To comply with Section 5(b) of Executive Order 13807, on March 20, 2018, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and CEQ signed a Memorandum titled “One Federal Decision Framework for the Environmental Review and Authorization Process for Major Infrastructure Projects under Executive Order 13807.” Pursuant to that Memorandum, federal agencies signed a One Federal Decision Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) which was announced on April 9, 2018. Signatories to the MOU include the Departments of the Interior, Agriculture, Commerce, Housing and Urban Development, Transportation, Energy, and Homeland Security, Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Advisory Council on Historic Preservation, and Federal Permitting Improvement Steering Council.
- Executive Order 13807 (August 15, 2017)
- CEQ Initial List of Actions & Fact Sheet (September 14, 2017)
- Executive Order 13766 Requests & CEQ Responses (Updated March 27, 2018):
- California: Request • Interim Response • Response
- Florida: Request • Interim Response • Response
- Louisiana: Request • Interim Response • Response
- Nebraska: Request • Interim Response • Response
- Texas: Request • Response
- Utah: Request • Interim Response • Response
- U.S. Virgin Islands: Request • Response
- Executive Order 13807 and Implementation of One Federal Decision:
- Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Update to the Regulations for Implementing the Procedural Provisions of the National Environmental Policy Act & Fact Sheet (June 20, 2018)