OMB oversees the implementation of the President’s vision across the Executive Branch. OMB carries out its mission through five main functions across executive departments and agencies: 1) budget development and execution; 2) management, including oversight of agency performance, procurement, financial management, and information technology; 3) coordination and review of all significant Federal regulations from executive agencies; 4) clearance and coordination of legislative and other materials; and 5) clearance of Presidential Executive Orders and memoranda to agency heads prior to their issuance.
Full-time participants must be able to commit to a minimum of 35 hours per week (Monday–Friday) and will receive a stipend for participation in the program. Part-time participants must be able to commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week (Monday–Friday) and will receive a stipend for participation in the program.
Internships will be hosted in person on the White House campus, located in Washington, D.C. Please note that living accommodations and relocation support will not be provided.
Applicants who receive an offer will be required to complete the Standard Form (SF) 86 to determine whether they meet security eligibility requirements. Information requested on the SF86 that could affect eligibility includes, but is not limited to, an applicant’s connections to foreign governments, criminal history, financial debts and tax compliance, and prior drug use (including marijuana, regardless of whether the marijuana use was permitted under state law).
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Males must be registered with Selective Service
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate college, community college, or university
- Must obtain a favorable security determination and pass a pre-employment drug test
Key Dates for Upcoming Sessions
The Office of Management and Budget offers three internship programs each year: Fall, Spring, and Summer.
Fall 2022 (No longer receiving applications)
- Program Start Date: Monday, January 23, 2023
- Program End Date: Friday, April 14, 2023
- Application Open Date: Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Application Close Date: Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET
Summer 2023 (Dates forthcoming)
Check back later for additional details on future programs!