White House LGBT Conferences
From February to May 2012, the White House Office of Public Engagement (OPE) coordinated with Departments and Agencies throughout the Obama Administration and key community organizations to host a series of conferences around the country specifically focused on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) Americans.
These White House LGBT Conferences were designed to provide advocates, community organizations, and interested members of the public an opportunity to hear directly from the Obama Administration on ongoing efforts to ensure health, dignity, security, and justice for LGBT Americans. The purpose of these conferences was to empower participants by connecting them with Federal government information, resources, and opportunities.
Learn more about the following White House LGBT Conferences:
- White House LGBT Conference on Health (February 16, Philadelphia, PA)
- White House LGBT Conference on Housing & Homelessness (March 9, Detroit, MI)
- White House LGBT Conference on Safe Schools & Communities (March 20, Arlington, TX)
- White House LGBT Conference on HIV/AIDS (April 19, Atlanta, GA)
- White House LGBT Conference on Families (April 28, Minneapolis, MN)
- White House LGBT Conference on Aging (May 7, Miami, FL)