Going the Distance – 10K ideas
Posted byon September 30, 2009 at 07:49 PM EST
Last week, OMB launched the President’s Save Award, a contest for federal employees to come up with the best idea to save taxpayer dollars and make the government perform more effectively and efficiently.
Today, we received the 10,000th submission and we now have 10,266 entries (to be exact!).
If you are a federal employee and have not participated yet, there is good news: you have two weeks to enter. To submit your idea visit www.SaveAward.gov. The winner will meet with President Obama and have his or her idea incorporated into the FY 2011 Budget. (We also will recognize the agency with the highest participation rate so make sure your co-workers enter too!).
Overall, the SAVE Award will help us identify what works and what doesn’t, so taxpayer dollars are used in the most productive and effective way possible.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy