And the winner is...
Posted byon December 12, 2009 at 04:49 PM EDT
Congratulations, Nancy Fichtner, on becoming the first-ever winner of the President’s SAVE Award — a contest for Federal employees to come up with the best idea to save taxpayer dollars and make the government perform more effectively and efficiently. Since voting began on Monday, OMB received 84,670 and her idea was picked from the "final four" as the winner. On Monday, December 21, Nancy will present her idea to President Obama at the White House.
I want to congratulate Nancy on this accomplishment and also salute the thousands of Federal employees who submitted their ideas as well. Their initiative proves that often the best ideas come not from management, but from those on the frontlines. Over the coming months, we hope to implement many of these excellent ideas as we seek to instill a new sense of responsibility for every tax dollar.
White House Blogs
- The White House Blog
- Middle Class Task Force
- Council of Economic Advisers
- Council on Environmental Quality
- Council on Women and Girls
- Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Office of Management and Budget
- Office of Public Engagement
- Office of Science & Tech Policy
- Office of Urban Affairs
- Open Government
- Faith and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- US Trade Representative
- Office National Drug Control Policy