The Chief Financial Officers Act (CFO) of 1990 created OFFM as the Executive Branch’s focal point in a framework for more effective Federal financial management. OFFM responsibilities include implementing the financial management improvement priorities of the President, establishing government-wide financial management policies of executive agencies, and carrying out the financial management functions of the CFO Act.
OFFM’s mission is to develop and implement coordinated policy with Federal Chief Financial Officers to assure that Federal financial management practices support effective delivery of service across the United States Federal government.
Resources and Other Information
- M-18-18, Implementing Statutory Changes to the Micro-Purchase and the Simplified Acquisition Thresholds for Financial Assistance (June 21, 2018) (2 pages, 656 KB)
- 2018 Compliance Supplement (PDF) (May 17, 2018) (251 pages, 5 MB)
- SPOC List as of July 26, 2018 (July 26, 2018) (3 pages, 65 KB)
- 2017 Compliance Supplement (PDF) (August 2017) (1,667 pages, 8.45 MB)
- DATA Act Data Standards
- Improving Data Quality for USASpending.gov (June 12, 2013) (4 pages, 776 KB)
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
- Chief Financial Officers Council
- Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board
- Financial Report of the United States Government
- GSA SmartPay®
- Federal Audit Clearinghouse
- Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency Webpage