The Office of National Drug Control Policy frequently works with other Federal agencies to study drugs trends and provide the general public and the private sector with recommendations regarding appropriate responses.
Advisory: Fentanyl Safety Recommendations for First Responders
First responders are increasingly likely to encounter fentanyl in their daily activities. To help first responders protect themselves when an encounter with fentanyl is suspected, ONDCP and its Federal interagency partners developed a one-pager on evidence-based practices (available in 8.5” x 11” and 11” x 17”) and a companion training video.
Advisory: 21st Century Drug Trafficking Advisories on Fentanyl and Other Synthetic Opioids
Drug Trafficking Organizations (DTOs) can exploit vulnerabilities in private sector businesses to produce, traffic, and distribute fentanyl and other synthetic opioids.
In response, ONDCP and its Federal interagency partners unveiled the following advisories on how businesses can protect themselves and curb drug production and trafficking through public-private collaboration:
- A summary sheet which outlines these documents;
- A Manufacturing advisory which describes how businesses can identify illicit fentanyl manufacturing;
- A Marketing advisory to help businesses prevent DTOs from using social media, e-commerce sites, and online forums to advertise and sell drugs;
- A Movement advisory to help businesses prevent DTOs from exploiting vulnerabilities in corporate supply chains to move drugs; and
- A Money advisory to alert financial institutions on how to detect and report illicit financial schemes and money laundering operations.