Navigate this Section
These seven priorities proposed specific and targeted actions to reduce overdoses and promote recovery, including expanding access to quality treatment, reducing an increasingly lethal supply of illicit substances, and enhancing harm reduction services that engage and build trust with people who use drugs, among others.
- Expanding access to evidence-based treatment, particularly medication for opioid use disorder.
- Advancing racial equity in our approach to drug policy.
- Enhancing evidence-based harm reduction efforts.
- Supporting evidence-based prevention efforts to reduce youth substance use.
- Reducing the supply of illicit substances.
- Advancing recovery-ready workplaces and expanding the addiction workforce.
- Expanding access to recovery support services.
Read the Biden-Harris Administration’s Statement of Drug Policy Priorities for Year One.