Navigate this Section
The Energy Team provides science and policy expertise on energy and net-zero emissions technologies, and leads coordination on net-zero emissions innovation for the Biden-Harris Administration. OSTP Energy has deep technical and policy expertise, and helps develop innovation priorities for mid-to-long term technologies to ensure the success and rapid adoption needed for a clean, secure, and equitable clean energy transition. The Energy Team advances the clean energy priorities of the Administration by:
- Co-leading a whole-of-government effort on national net-zero innovation priorities in nascent clean energy technologies to reduce costs, improve performance, accelerate technology adoption, increase production capabilities, as well as accelerate game-changing technologies that have not yet been fully developed.
- Collaborating with Federal agencies to develop a bold decadal vision for commercial fusion energy. OSTP co-hosted the first-ever White House Summit on Fusion Energy in 2022.
- Developing a national electrification innovation strategy to enable widespread electrification of light-duty vehicles and residential/commercial heating.
- Co-leading a whole-of-government effort on innovation in energy data and analytics, ensuring most up-to-date data are used to support evidence-based analysis for actions and decisions supporting a clean, rapid, and equitable energy transition.
- Leading the Biden-Harris Administration’s assessment of the climate, environmental, and energy policy implications of cryptocurrencies and digital assets.
The team is led by Dr. Sally Benson, OSTP’s Deputy Director for Energy and Chief Strategist for the Energy Transition.