The White House Internship Program selection process is highly competitive. Applicants are encouraged to submit a thorough application that illustrates their qualifications, character, and commitment to public service.
Selection as a White House Intern is based on the following criteria:
- A commitment to public service
- Demonstrated leadership in the community
- A commitment to the mission of the Trump Administration
Applicants must be U.S. citizens, must be 18 years of age, and must meet at least one of the following criteria to apply:
- Are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution).
- Have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution) no more than two years before the internship program start date.
- Are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty--for any length of time--in the two years preceding the internship program start date.