Joe Kiani, MSEE
Chairman and CEO at Masimo
Navigate this Section
Joe Kiani, MSEE, is an engineer and entrepreneur who immigrated to the U.S. from Iran at the age of nine. He invented breakthrough technologies – now used in hospitals, homes, and even on our wrists – that use light to measure how much oxygen is in a person’s blood.
- Founder, chairman, and CEO of Masimo Corporation, a global medical technology company known for its pulse oximetry devices and other noninvasive patient monitoring technologies.
- Founder of the Patient Safety Movement Foundation.
- 2012 Ernst & Young “National Entrepreneur of the Year, Life Sciences”; 2018 Intellectual Property Owners Education Foundation IP Champion Award; and 2021 Honorary Doctor of Science from San Diego State University.
- Inventor on over 500 patents or patent applications on advanced signal processing, optical sensors and wearable technologies.
- Member of numerous not-for-profit and for-profit Boards of Directors, including A Starting Point, California Institute of Technology and Children’s Hospital of Orange County.