Navigate this Section
Vicki Sato, PhD, is a biologist, immunologist, and biotechnology executive with decades of experience leading teams in drug research and development. Molecules and therapeutics developed under her leadership have become critical treatments for HIV, cystic fibrosis, inflammation, multiple sclerosis, and Hepatitis C.
- Former President and former Chief Science Officer of Vertex Pharmaceuticals, one of the first biotechnology companies to exploit structure-based and computational chemistries in the design of new drugs.
- Former Vice President of Research at Biogen, leading research programs in the areas of inflammation, thrombosis, and HIV.
- Former Professor of the Practice at Harvard University in Molecular and Cell Biology, teaching the science of making medicines.
- Former Professor at Harvard Business School where her work focused on productivity and innovation in biotechnology and pharmaceutical R&D.
- Inaugural Co-Chair of the Advisory Council for the NYC LifeScience initiative for the Economic Development Corporation of the city of New York, which is focused on driving economic growth and jobs by expanding the life science sector in the city.