William Dally, PhD
Chief Scientist and Senior Vice President for Research at NVIDIA
Navigate this Section
William Dally, PhD, is a computer scientist who invented hardware architectures that power parallel computing, modern supercomputers, and artificial intelligence as we know it today.
- Former Chair of Stanford University’s computer science department, often ranked #1 in the U.S.
- Author of more than 250 papers and 4 textbooks, and holds 120 patents.
- Inventor in the fields of energy-efficient computing, domain-specific computer architectures, and networking.
- Consultant to many government agencies in defense and intelligence on high-performance computing and artificial intelligence.
- Member of U.S. National Academy of Engineering, and Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, the Association for Computing Machinery, and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.