Navigate this Section
- 2017-2019 AAAS Science & Technology Policy Fellow at the Department of Defense.
- Embassy Science Fellow at the U.S. Embassy in Paris, France in 2019.
- Former co-director of consensus studies on adult hearing loss and organ transplantation at the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (NASEM).
- Recommendations from the NASEM consensus study on hearing loss (along with recommendations from a report by PCAST) informed the drafting of the Over-the-Counter Hearing Aid Act of 2017, which became law as part of the FDA Reauthorization Act of 2017.
- Former director of the NASEM Forum on Aging, Disability, and Independence.
- Graduate research focused on proteins that facilitate chromosome movement during cell division.