The White House
Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
February 28, 2017
President Trump is Rebuilding America's National Security
TAKING ACTION: President Donald J. Trump has taken action to ensure the safety and security of the United States homeland, its borders, and its people.
- President Trump has proposed increasing the military’s budget by $54 billion so that it can begin to rebuild.
- President Trump signed a Presidential Memorandum directing the Secretary of Defense to work with other cabinet members to develop a plan to defeat ISIS.
- President Trump ordered a review of military readiness and made it the policy of the United States to rebuild the United States’ Armed Forces.
- Under President Trump’s leadership, the Department of the Treasury sanctioned 25 entities and individuals involved in Iran’s ballistic missile program.
- President Trump accelerated negotiations that drove down the price of the F-35 fighter, saving more than $700 million.